Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Let's start this back up again!

Okay Sisters -- I'm ready to get back in the game.

A lot has changed for me starting in 2009. First, I just had a baby and second, I quit my full-time job. So I've got pounds to lose and money to be saved. When I was working full-time, Hans and I had a lot of extra income and a lot of it went to savings. I'm a little worried that our savings goals will be drastically reduced. But... every little bit helps. We want to buy a house this summer, and though I don't think we'll have the full 20% down payment for our price range, we will be able to swing a 15% (I hope.)

I also started Weight Watchers again. It worked so well for me a couple of years ago that it is worth trying again. And I have lost 4 pounds already -- which is pretty easy when you're nursing full time and were previously eating like a 300 pound sumo wrestler.

I've got lots of goals right now and I'll work on getting them organized and posted later on. How about you all do the same?

3 comments:

Morkthefied said...

I started Weight Watchers too. I've been on it for two days. I already have more energy than I've had in a while. That could be due to better eating, but maybe also due to better motivation.

I lost a lot of weight easily on Weight Watchers when I was nursing. I'm hoping I can lose 2 lbs. a week like the plan says I will if I stick to the points. I try not to cheat on the points and say I've eaten less than I have. I noticed I pick at foods a ton, so I have to watch myself there.

I did not do well over the holidays. It's like starting from ground zero; from before I lost all my weight. But my exercise fitness is still pretty good. And Kulani gave me the gift of Tuesday nights are "Cindy nights" for the whole month of January and February (and he may extend it longer if the girls seems to do okay). So I'm going to pick up a kickboxing class. I really liked kickboxing when we lived near BYU.

Amo said...

Sistas!

I'm on the bandwagon as well -- but still trying to do it myself. Nate and I are both working on losing enough wait so we can feel good about going to my 20 year MHS reunion this summer. Ouch -- I'm old!

Anyway, 4 days of no treats so far -- and lots to go. We'll see. I'll post if I drop or not next week. I'm also going to try to do a half-marathon and a triathalon this year. I'll have to borrow a bike from Cindster though.

C.C. Fisher said...

Amy, you can borrow my bike anytime.