Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hatin' It

It has been rough today. I thought for sure the scale would reward me with at least a three pound weight loss, but nothing. Not one ounce. I was pretty good Monday through Friday. I was good most the day Saturday, but then had a big dinner with my in-laws. Still, I didn't think I did poorly enough to still not lose weight this week. I also had a nice dinner on Sunday with friends, and treated myself to three cookies. You wouldn't think that would be enough to undo a week's worth of serious exercise of almost an hour per day (at least 600 calories a workout).

At least I didn't go up. And I'm still committed, even though I'm slightly depressed. I know the formula works, and eventually, I will start dropping. You don't know how tempted I am to go out and buy Slim-Quick to see if it won't jump start my weight loss goals. I still might.

I'm also doing better at working more hours. I make myself a goal of hours at the beginning of the week, and give it to my boss to hold me accountable. I'm shooting for three hours a day, and I've done pretty good with that. If I keep to that goal, we should be in good shape to pull ourselves out of debt by next year. I'll give you the Dave Ramsey shout out when it happens.

3 comments:

MarySquare said...

Oh, the Dave Ramsey shout -- do it lady!

I haven't listened to a DRShow in a while and I need to, to keep myself motivated. Lately I've been taking a calculator with me to the store to tally up my purchases while I am shopping -- it really does cut down on the spending. I should write up a post about my favorite money saving sites and tips.

I weigh in tomorrow for WW and I don't think I'll have as a big of loss as last week. I'm coming out to visit in March and I hope to be at 150 lbs by then. We'll see...

Amo said...

Sistas: I am down 5 punds so far, but it is going slowly. I weigh in on Wednesdays and this weekend hasn't been particularly great, but we'll see. I have had a terrible cold and pretty much laid in bed for three days, but I avoided eating too much while doing so. The bad thing is the only exercise I had since last Wednesday was 30 minutes on the treadmill yesterday. I'm going to try double workouts on Monday and Tuesday to see if that helps with the weigh-in on Wednesday.

As for debt, Nate is actually getting a commission for the first time in like 8 months this month so that will be nice. Unfortunately, my work announced lay-offs and for those of us who did not get laid off, no raises and no bonuses. I don't feel bad considering I still have my job, but I have used my bonus the last two years to pay off debt. This year I will have to do it the old-fashioned way: buy less and put the extra on debt.

Mary, I would love to hear your post about money saving sites and tips and I think that is a great idea to take a calculater to the store and add as you go!

MarySquare said...

Working on the tips post -- but I think about our income compared to you all's incomes and our budget compared to yours -- and I'm kind of embarrassed about my tips. What I do and how much I save must seem like chump change to you. Clipping coupons and only spending $50 a week on groceries doesn't mean much when you (talking to Cindy here) spends $50 a night on going on to dinner. Hans and I are real cheapsters. It doesn't seem like you guys are like that so I feel kind of silly.