Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Anybody still trying to lose weight?

Ok, I am still trying to lose weight (despite the three chocolate cookies I ate tonight). I did lose about a pound last week and I am doing well with exercise. I run at least 3 miles at least 4 times a week, so I guess that is something. How about the rest of you? Any progress? (Except Mary who may gain weight -- dang it!)

Also, any savings achievements? I am hoping to prevent the rest of my family (husband) from spending our tax refund so I can pay off most of our debt. I tried to keep it a secret, but he found out about the federal refund so I saw the things he wants to buy flash before his eyes. Actually, he even said he wanted to pay off bills, so we shall see. We just need to get it and pay the bills and call it good!

I need to add up what we spent at the grocery store the last two months to see if we did any better with staying within the budget. Likely -- NOT! It doesn't help that everything seems to cost so much more -- time to break out the food storage wheat! No, I don't have any, but Mom does!

4 comments:

MarySquare said...

My food bill has gone up these past few months because I'm having a hard time cooking. We've been eating out a lot too. Though last night I made Mom-style tacos with the green taco sauce (which is really hard to find around here) and they tasted so good.

We got a pretty small tax return this year, only about $500. We're trying to modify our W-4s so that we don't have a huge return. We'll use that extra money every month to pay down debt. We modified out debt reduction somewhat. We'll have our car paid-off next month, and only have student loan debt, so we're going to pay minimums on those, and put all extra cash in savings until the baby is born. We fill like we need a sizable emergency fund in case anything goes wrong, like a NICU stay, extended bed rest, etc. After the baby comes and hospital bills are paid off, we'll liquidate the savings and pay off the student loans in one fell swoop. Or at least that's our hope.

Hans did splurge though and bought a laptop with his first paycheck. Oh, he got the full-time job he interviewed for so as of last week, he's gainfully employed. Yay!

I'm still feeling sick, sick, sick, but gaining weight and feeling bloated. Yuck! I'm crossing my fingers that I only have 4 more weeks of this.

Morkthefied said...

Mom has food storage wheat? My food storage consists of all those dry-packed foods from the future or what astronauts would eat. I'm planning more for an Apocolyptic need. Congratulations to Hans on getting the job!

I ran a half marathon this weekend, then proceeded to take the entire weekend off on my diet, so I likely didn't lose anything. It's hard to eat good foods when I'm traveling. But I am gearing up big time, as I saw my sister-in-law this weekend, who is usually on the heavy side, looking really good after losing 25 pounds on Weight Watchers. I'm inspired.

Money--well, that's another story. You don't even want to know how much our tax return was, and it's nearly already spent.

I need to get Nohea to her doctor check-up. I'll write more another time.

Sista C

Leo and Jill said...

If I may add, don't even get me stared on the money thing. I have yet to inform my parents of our situation because my mother will probably become an even more nervous wreck and I need her to be sane because I am not!!!
As for the weight thing...still nothing. I work out six days a week and eat just enough to stay alive and still nothing. So I think I am just doomed to be chubby!!

Shannon said...

This is very random but I found your blog by googling my grandfather's name "Larry Christenson"and I think I'm your cousin! My father is Larry's son, kent Christenson. Well I send my love and enjoyed reading about you and your family:)
www.millimans.blogspot.com if you want to check out mine.
Love, Shannon