Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Cousins Welcome!

Jillster, this post is for you. You are a sista in almost every sense of the word. You are of course more than welcome to this site. I can add you as a writer, if you'd like. You are always the first to offer assistance in times of need, like when our dad had heart surgery. You are a credit to your mother and our nearly perfect grandmother. I think I'm my ward's "Aunt Norma." Every time I think I'm getting out of primary, they pull me back in. I am now the nursery leader. On top of that, I'm the neighborhood's babysitter. I probably watch kids two to three times a week for other women. But I think of your mom and persevere. I don't know how she's watched children for all of these years. And she always seemed to have a smile and caring way about her. And every time I hear primary songs, I tear up, just like your mom always did when she was the song leader. I wonder if Aunt Norma ever made it through a song without crying. She holds a very tender spot in my heart. At any rate, Jill, welcome, and invite your sisters or whoever else you think is a sister at heart.

3 comments:

Leo and Jill said...

Cindy, my mother would be proud. I too have tried the babysitting thing for a while and I too can't do it. I just don't have much patience for some people's children. My mother is a gifted woman.
I don't think I am stong enough to share my weight with all of you, but I will share that I have absolutely no desire to work out. ever. I do love food though and the two just don't seem to "weigh out" very well.
My wonderful husband is constantly nagging at me to workout so I think that could be part of my lack of desire. He wants me to look better just as much as I do but I just can't seem to do it.
I have been depressed lately with the miscarriage and my recent gall bladder removal so my hormones are completely messed up, which doesn't help.
So, I am needind someone to I guess tell me what to do that can help me snap out of this. Any advice?

MarySquare said...

I've been talking this out with my co-workers and truthfully, it seems like January is an awful time for starting new habits because it is so dang cold outside and the days are short. So, my advice, and what I'm trying to do is, just maintain and survive January and February and then start adding more healthy habits in March. Right now I just need to make it through these really cold days!

Jill, do you have a treadmill? One thing you can tell yourself is, "I will use the treadmill (or whatever equipment you have) for ten minutes. I have to go for ten minutes, and then after that I can quit." After the 10 minutes you can quit, or if you're feeling better, you can go a little longer. This strategy really helps me, because, if all else fails, at least I moved my butt for 10 minutes.

Anonymous said...

Jill, I totally hear where you are coming from. The last part of last year (like the last 3-6 months) I was in a very depressed cycle. I was mad at Nate most of the time and mad at myself because I pretty much hated my body, but I'm doing a little better. I actually stopped taking birth control recently to see if that was the problem. I have been taking it for about the past year and Nate is convinced it has contributed to my bad moods. I only take it to control my endometriosis so I decided to give it a break and see if that helps.

Other than that, I have to agree with Mary that if you can just do something for even 10 minutes, that makes you feel better at least, even if it doesn't make any difference to the "bottom line." I also think you should do things that make you happy: go to the library, rent a movie just for yourself, help someone who could use a helping hand, go get a milkshake, etc. Sometimes those little bits of time, just to do something that makes you feel good can really go a long way.

One other thing: Jill, you are a wonderful person -- just know that you have cheerleaders out there for you if you need us! We love you!