Saturday, January 26, 2008

Well, dear sisters, I have fallen off the wagon and it is not even the end of January. Last night, after feeling terrible for the past few days with a bad cold, I sent Nate to the store for treats: (1) a bag of Sweets candy, (2) Pepperidge Farms double chocolate cookies and (3) a chocolate milkshake. Then I went to bed. When he got home, I ate the candy and milkshake (he got the wrong cookies) and it made me feel much better!! Of course, today, I am feeling guilty. So, I have vowed, once again, to do better next week. B.J. has promised to come be my trainer one day next week so I hope to be a great exerciser. Last week I was in Houston and had barbecue at almost every meal (stinkin' Texans) so I am also going to eat more vegetables.

Nate and I have worked very hard to have a better date night each month. Tonight is our night and I am looking forward to it. We have been a bit disconnected this past year so our dates are helping us get back on the same path. We also have a date night once a month with the girls. Last week Sarah and I went and saw National Treasure and Nathan and Grace went shopping. Yep, the girls get to choose what we do. It actually is very fun and the girls look forward to it every month. It is nice to spend time with each of them one on one. We plan to add the boys after they turn 3.

Well, finally, please give me any tips you have for potty-training. Ty is still terrified of the toilet and screams and tries to get away whenever I put him on it. Steve will sit there, but that's about it. So -- any tips?

1 comment:

Morkthefied said...

Amo, you are not so lame-o. You are the greatest. Like I tell my girls, "it's okay, we all make mistakes." I haven't been great on my diet, but I've been doing pretty good with exercise, so at least I feel good there, and amazingly, my weight has stayed steady--I haven't gained--but I haven't lost. I wish i lived closer so I could help you out a little more. You've always been a great encourager to us all. You can do it!