Thursday, January 3, 2008

Weighing In: Rules of Accountability

Hello, Sisters! This site has been designed for you. You can either enter your thoughts in the comments, or you can log on to this blog and create your own entries. So here is the gist: Mary and I wanted a place where we could write down some "saving" goals. Our goals are to both save money and save calories, thereby losing weight and gaining a bigger savings account. Who was it that said you can never be too skinny or too rich? We're here to hopefully find a balance where we just feel better about our lives.

So here are my stats: The holidays were very bad to me, or rather, I was bad during the holidays. I am not a victim to my own choices, afterall, or rather, I am. Rather than use rather, I think I need to just own up to what I've done to myself. So, um ... big deep breath, I've gained more than 17 pounds over the holidays. I was at a low of 148, and now I'm up to 167. Ouch! I started my new lifestyle yesterday. I ran for 40 minutes and I could feel the extra pounds in my joints and muscles and knees. For me, I need a race or a goal to get me on the exercise habit, so Kulani and I signed up for the Moab Half-marathon in March. We're training on the extended 10K training schedule. It's fun to have Kulani as a training partner.

The budgetery restraints seem harder for me to meet. I hope Mary will be giving us some pep talks on how to save, as she's been a good budget maker and keeper. She is also a Dave Ramsey devotee, so hopefully she can help be our guide into the world of debt-free living.

So let's hear from the rest of my sisters. This blog is mostly for the Christenson sisters, but we also welcome sisters of sisters who aren't biological sisters but sisters in spirit. I can't wait to hear how the rest of you are doing.

If I become brave enough, perhaps I'll take a photo of myself in a swimsuit now, and then a swimsuit picture each month until I reach my goal. We'll see...

So my goal weight is 145 pounds. I like the way I look when I weigh that much. Supposedly, the best way to meet a goal is by writing it down, and it also helps to be accountable to others. You can use this blog site as your accountability marker or not. Just know I'll be here, and Mary will be here, and that's that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'll fess up, but this better be like Weight Watchers and by telling I'll actually be more-motivated to lose weight. In any event, last year I was down to 194, but am now back up to 211. I walked 40 minutes yesterday and plan to run at lunch today. No treats yesterday and none so far today. My goal is 160.

As for saving, we are going to use most of our savings to pay off credit card debt from Christmas. I made a deal with Nate that when we have $10,000 in the bank and maintain it for over 30 days, he can buy his big screen. We shall see if it happens, but the main way we save is to not spend money on food, both eating out and grocery spending. We added up how much we were spending and it was huge! So now we are trying to stick to a better budget. We shall see! I'll actually post a message instead of responding once I figure out how to do it.

Anonymous said...

getting fat is so much more fun though...we all die eventually anyway ;) 210 sounds pretty good to me.