Friday, January 4, 2008

MarySquare's turn to Weigh In

So Sisters I guess it is my time to weigh-in. Now I’m much shorter than the rest of you, only 5’ 5” so take that into account. On Wednesday I weighed in at 145.8 – up 15 pounds from my goal of 130 that I weighed this time last year. As I was running on the treadmill this morning, our blog here made me think of Mom when she used to do the exercise shows early in the morning that aired on PBS where the lady up front had two or three people behind her and they all did the exercises in different intensities. We’ve got a mix of body types and goals and are all working at different intensities so this will be cool.

I’ll also throw into the mix that I’m trying to get pregnant, so if that happens, I’ll switch my focus to staying as fit and as healthy as possible while gestating.

About finances, heck, my year long goal is to save $10,000 – and to get completely debt free, even Hans’ in-deferment student loans. Now some people would say that I should just put that money in a savings account until he has to pay the money back and accrue the interest but I’m following the Dave Ramsey plan like Cindy says and I’m getting rid of all of the debt. Hans and I are also thinking about buying a home if he gets the job he is interviewing for. So we’ll see how to add that to the mix over the course of the year. Lots of big goals but I’m aiming high! Like our fitness goals, our financial goals are different so it will be fun to see how this plays out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to be debt free by year end, but I'm concentrating on being debt free except student loan and mortgage. If I can get rid of everything else and have no balance at all on any credit cards, that will be a real accomplishment and then 2009 can be our year of getting rid of the big debt.

Exciting you are trying to get pregnant! I hope it happens soon. I have a friend at work who we helped find her daughter a baby to adopt (her third adopted child) and she recently found out she was pregnant after 11 years of not happening. I thought that was great!

Well, I still have to figure out how to do a regular post. I'll try to think of something clever to say tomorrow. One positive thing: 3 days in a row of 3 miles exercise!