Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Wednesday Weigh-In

It is that time of the week to check our progress and see how things are going. In the comments you can weigh-in and tell us about your successes and challenges for the week.

I thought I would post some of my favorite breakfasts that are healthy and filling. I will include the Weight Watcher point totals if you are Point Trackers like me.

Apple Oatmeal -- 5pts

  • ½ cup old fashioned oatmeal (2pts) cooked with water. Don’t bother with instant, it doesn’t have as much fiber and this is just as fast.
  • I add a sprinkle of Splenda (0pts), dash of cinnamon (0pts), and five squirts of “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter” spray (0pts).
  • Then I core and dice up an entire small/medium apple (1pt) and stir it in.
  • I drink 1 cup of skim or 1% milk (2pts) with it.
English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich – 5pts
  • Open a whole wheat English muffin (2pts) and place it on a tin-foil lined cookie sheet.
  • Lay 1 serving of sliced turkey or low fat ham (1pt) on the muffin and,
  • Sprinkle ¼ cup reduced fat cheese (2pts) on the halves.
  • Put it in the oven till the cheese melts and it is warmed up.
  • Put the sides together and eat like a sandwich (in the car on the way to work as I often do.
Share your favorite breakfast recipes in the comments too.

4 comments:

MarySquare said...

Okay, I'll be the first to weigh-in. I am down 2.8 pounds since last Wednesday -- Yay! I have been exercising more and I stopped eating chocolate at work. Today I am starting counting points and getting back on the WW wagon.

Anonymous said...

I am down about 2.5 and that was with a Sunday "break day" where I ate birthday cake, ice cream and other assorted treats! We also had homemade french fries on Monday night (I don't know if I can ever give those up). I did exercise 5 times last week.

This week I am going to try hard not to eat any treats and cook more healthy dinners. I try hard to get my 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, but also end up eating pasta, potatoes, things like that. I am also aiming for another 5 days of exercise this week.

As for breakfast, I eat a bowl of cereal every morning (usually frosted flakes, life, frosted mini-wheats, honey bunches of oats) or oatmeal and a piece of fruit. I also drink herb mint tea in the morning with 0 calorie sweetener.
I am thinking of trying weight watchers, but haven't signed up yet. Nate and I both are thinking it would be good for us.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I also still like to eat Malt-o-meal, but, frankly, the only time I actually make a breakfast is on the weekends and then it is waffles/pancakes/french toast for the kids.

Morkthefied said...

Good going girls! I did pretty well this week, as I'm always gangbusters out of the starting block. I was sick yesterday, but before I was sick, I weighed 163, down four pounds. But then I weighed myself today after being sick, and I'm down to 161, but I think that might go up once I start eating regularly again. I exercised four days, with a long run (70 minutes total including warm up and cool down) on Saturday.